Several installation suggestions, with measuring instructions, are listed below. These are by no means the only way to install Simplicity® Screen panels. These are simply the most common. Your application may require a combination of methods or other methods not detailed.
DIY fabrication of Simplicity® should not be challenging for those with at least some mechanical skills. No special tools are required. Need to fabricate PVC panels also? Not a problem, simply cut a second set of frames and spline in the PVC film in the exact same fashion as insect screen material - except looser. You want to allow for slight vinyl shrinkage during cold weather.
Our recommended tool list and installation instructions should accommodate most people and projects. You may use any equipment, tool or process that you feel will work better or best fits your skill level. You can adjust our instructions in any fashion needed to best fit your application.
- A Miter Saw suitable for cutting metals and properly equipped with a blade approved for aluminum cutting -or- a hack saw and miter box
- Tape Measure
- A work table or area that is at least as large as the largest panel to be assembled / screened
- Screen material installation tool
Possible Additional Tools Required (needed only for center bars):
- Power Drill
- 1/8" Drill Bit(s)
- 1/8" x 1/4" Rivets and Rivet Gun
- Table Saw suitable for cutting metals and properly equipped with a blade approved for aluminum cutting -or- a hack saw and miter box.
Work safely and follow all common safety practices and use all proper safety equipment. Be sure that you are proficient with any tool or equipment used and that all tools or equipment used are properly suited for the work being performed. The following recommended instructions assume that you have properly planned your sizes and have received all required components. (Frame Materials, Corner Inserts, Screen Material, Spline, Center Bar, and Rivets (if needed).